Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Nenad Ikras - Founder of Protecto (Interview)

Nenad Ikras is from Serbia and currently lives in Spain. He is the founder of Proteco; a full system of self-defense designed specifically to end aggression quickly.


Nenad Ikras - Protecto
Brandon: Why did you decide to start your own style of self-defense and why should people choose your online course over a local dojo?

Nenad: I have been performing Martial Arts almost my whole life and after so many years, I noticed some weaknesses in the old fashion Martial Arts. This made me start developing a new and modern version of Martial Art, which I named Protecto and received recognition for it in 2009 from master Konstantin Kitzu (founder and master 10 DAN SOKE of AIKIZENDO & AIKISYSTEMA).
It can be very costly and time demanding to join an ordinary self-defense class. With my innovative e-learning program, you will be able to learn how to protect yourself against the most common attacks at anytime and anywhere you want for a very low cost. Learning online gives you much more flexibility. 

Another crucial benefit of my online e-learning program is that all the techniques are shot with the newest high-tech camera in slow motion, which has been proven to make the learning process much better. Here are some additional facts about this:


SLOW MOTION EXTENDS HUMAN PERCEPTION AND OPTIMIZE THE LEARNING PROCESS

- Slow motion videography is a technology that allows us to extend our senses beyond their natural capacities. Since our brains have a limited amount of processing power for visual images, slow motion allows much more of the image to be seen and taken in by the eyes.
- Slow motion video might be the closest thing we have to actual brain-hacking because cameras with ultra-high frame rates reveals details that are usually invisible to the naked eye, it is the unmasking of hidden data which is a calmer way of saying it gives you superpowers.
- When a scene is presented slowly we can grab onto and remember many details, just as we do during a real-life high-adrenaline moment.
- Slow motion scenes violate expectations. Feels like everything you know about motion and gravity is being violated, these violations hold our attention, which is maximally engaged when predictions are violated.

Brandon: Can you give some real life examples of where you or a student of yours has successfully used your system in a real life situation?

Nenad: I am constantly getting e-mails from all over the world with their examples and stories. Not only about how active users have benefits from the techniques but also how it in general has increased their self-esteem. These real life examples are coming from Kids, teenagers, adults, schools etc. I am very pleased to contribute to these learnings all over the world and it means a lot to me to read positive e-mails from my followers every day.


Brandon: What do you find is the biggest mistake people tend to make in a street fight?

Nenad: A lot of street fights happen under the influence of alcohol or while being upset/jealous, so you are emotional and unbalanced. In order to perform and protect yourself, you need a clear focused mind and you need to predict the opponents’ next move. This is not possible if you are drunk or too emotional affected. Next is to never underestimate the opponent. Always be prepared that he can have a gun, knife, bottle or be an experienced fighter. I don’t teach or mentor how to attack – I only train, teach and perform self-defense, so every move and technique I perform is to pacify the attacker. A good balanced performer of self-defense knows how to control his anger and adjust the pacification to the actual attack. If someone pushes me, I first ignore it – if he continues, I pacify him without hitting or breaking his arm. If someone tries to hit me, I pacify more severe and make him understand that if he continues, it will have more severe consequences. I level/adjust the defense according to the attack, but overall the biggest mistake would be going straight into a fight or searching for it. In my techniques you can notice that I am always trying to avoid the attack or stop it before it starts. You could not see me fighting, no one did. I will not fight, I will stop it as soon as I can, if it is necessary in a second or less. 

Brandon: What suggestions do you have for someone who has to face multiple attackers?

Nenad: Do not be afraid... Observe all of them as one… Deal with them as with one and you will be able to win.

Brandon: Where are your long term goals regarding martial arts and /or Procteco?

Nenad: Continuing to improve and develop Protecto even more. I have written down hundreds techniques, where I now have released just 30 of them at www.e-martialart.com, I will be releasing more. Next to my e-learning site I am being approached by various organizations that wish to hire me for seminars. I have also trained a police academy school and will actually launch a video of this in the nearest future. It drives me to teach others and see/hear how they have benefited from my techniques. I wish to continue with this and make seminars all over the world.

Brandon: Most of our readers are not from Serbia. Can you tell us a little about living there and what role martial arts play in your culture?

Nenad: Actually, I live in Spain now, but yes…I am originally Serbian and it is where I developed Protecto. Serbia is a very rough country where it is essential to know how to protect yourself. Unfortunately crime, fights, wars and poverty are part of our life. It’s a very tough culture to grow up in and protecting yourself from any danger becomes part of your DNA. 

Brandon: Would you like to tell our readers anything else?

Nenad: Don’t let a stressful lifestyle prevent you from learning how to protect yourself and your family – being able to do this, should be everyone’s privilege and ability. That’s why I built this online e-learning universe, where everyone can learn it for a quite low price. At my website, 
www.e-martialart.com, there are more relevant info to read under ‘ABOUT’ and ‘FAQ’ so I recommend your readers to check it out and of course give me any feedback to the e-learning videos. I will respond personally to all of them.

Thank you Nenad for taking the time to answer our questions at BKO Kung Fu . com. We wish you continued success with your goals. We hope we will have the opportunity to attend one of your seminar in the United States one day.




1 comment: